Helpdesk / Support Specialist (Tier 1/2)
Job Description: Helpdesk / Support Specialist (Tier 1/2)
Are you tech savvy, people savvy and purpose-driven? Apply today to be a part of a growing team of IT professionals. We are an IT industry leader, specializing in servicing small to medium sized businesses in the Southern New Jersey / Philadelphia region. We are growing rapidly and are in need of a Helpdesk / Remote Support Specialist to join our team! Ideal candidates will have the following skills/qualifications:
- Required: 1-3 years of relevant work experience or education.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems for users remotely
- Must be able to independently resolve a wide variety of technical issues using current job knowledge, research and external resources.
- Hardware, software and networking experience. Hardware experience must include: Intel based desktops, laptops, and printers. Software experience must include: Microsoft Office, Windows and MAC. Networking experience must include understanding TCP/IP and DNS. Understanding of Active Directory and Exchange, Firewalls.
- Experience identifying security related issues such as system hacks, computer viruses and worms, and spyware.
- VMware ESXi, MS Active Directory, Group Policy - a Plus
- Desktop Operating System maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnosis
- Desktop connectivity troubleshooting
- Application installation and support
- Printer installation and support
- Client VPN installation and support
- Microsoft Office Suite support
- AD user account management
- Office 365/Exchange user account management
- Desktop anti-malware administration and resolution
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Highly motivated and willingness to learn
- Possess strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Highly motivated individual with a desire to contribute to the success and direction of the team.
- Maintain strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Function as a subject matter expert in all required technical areas.
CompTia A+ (within 30 days of employment) Have or working towards Net+, Security+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer for Windows (MCSE). Connectwise (Manage/Automate).
For immediate consideration, please send resume to [email protected].
About the Company:
NorthStar is leading provider of managed services and communications equipment and solutions. With a proven track record of success in this fast-paced field. NorthStar designs, deploys and manages business networks to meet every customer's distinct telecommunications and technology needs.